Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tyler

Tyler is my blessing and my challenge. Today he is a challenge! I will spare you the details...

But he has such a sweet side too. The other night I was grocery shopping and Joe had the kids. Maren was a little fussy and he was trying to clean up or something. Tyler wanted to play video games, but Joey told him he had to take care of the baby and do his other stuff. Tyler offered to hold her so he could do what he needed to do and then play games. Joe tried really hard to get everything done quickly so he could play with Tyler, but the poor kid was so tuckered out he just didn't last. Joey said he was SO sweet with her though, just taking very careful care of her to make sure she was happy.

He is going to be such a charmer too and practices on us every day. He is always telling me: "She's such a beautiful baby...she's such a good girl". Let's hope he stays so sweet and protective of her as she gets older.

So....what happens when Walmart is basically the only staple shopping place in the whole town for children's clothes?



Tyler and his two cousins are best buds...I thought it was really funny when they showed up one morning dressed like this and Tyler had already dressed in his coordinating duds.

Tyler is really funny about clothes lately too. He has to look "really cool" or "really super awesome". In order to get him to wear clothes that look decent I usually have to grab onto some feature he's excited about. Some how he decided his jeans are his "Diego Pants". That always reminds me of when I was a kid. My brother's jeans were always his "dunt ta dunts...." To this day I still think that is so funny and cute :)

Tyler's also got some cargo pants that have to be his "tool pants" in order to get him to wear them. (Joe showed him the tool hook for him play hammer....) Of course anything with trains or camo is easy to get him to wear. His latest thing is being twins with his daycare buds. He has the same shirt as one of the boys and as soon as he shows up in the morning with it on Tyler will go get dressed in his Lion shirt too. He's a funny kid...

3 comments:

Heather said...

he is getting so big. what a cutie.

Jaclyn said...

way too cute. I LOVE that your sweet little one is Maren too. It really is such a great name (especially for such beautiful little girls). I'm still loving my Bountiful Baskets btw.

Nicole said...

Hey Kristy, I saw your comment on Facebook about how you are on a special diet now for you baby and I saw your blog address so I hopped on over. Hope that's ok. Your kids are adorable! If you want to check out my blog, I'll have to send you an invite! I love new readers to my blog