Monday, August 31, 2009

Aida

I went to see Aida on Saturday with my family. It was so wonderful! This is the second time this summer I've fallen in love with a musical I haven't seen before. I've always loved old musicals: Singing in the Rain, Kiss Me Kate, Sound of Music....etc, etc. But what fun is it to find new music and shows to love. Especially in this age we live in where so much of what is produced is just "smut and corruption" ;). My favorite newer musicals are Wicked, Secret Garden and now Aida. I guess I'm counting Phantom and Les Mis with my older set of loves because I've loved their music since I was at least in Junior High.

Anyway, I'm kind of getting on a musical kick again, after being a little absent for a few years. What shows do you love? If you don't love musicals I feel for you...

Anyway, if you can go see Aida at Tuachan this next month or so...GO! I've never seen it before, but thought it was so well done and well suited for the setting. Tip of the day: Don't wear long sleeves or pants...it's still over 90 degrees down there right now, even when the sun goes down!

1 comment:

Lara Neves said...

Aida is great...the opera is even better. ;)

I am a fan of Sondheim. Love everything he did.