Friday, December 18, 2009

I'm awake!

Maren is still sleeping much of the time, but I was able to snap these yesterday while Aunt Karmin was here. The lighting and color isn't really fantastic I know, but I love her little eyes just looking around so intently.





I'm loving just holding and spending time with her. Unfortunately she's now on the bilirubin lights for jaundice and so that cuts down on the time I can just cuddle her significantly. She's supposed to be in there most of the time. We are going in today again to check her levels and I'm hoping they've dropped enough we can be done with those. It's just the saddest little thing you've ever seen! She does seem to adjust after she's been in there for a bit, but when I first put her in there, especially if she's been out for more than an hour or so, she just screams and is so upset until she basically wears herself out and can sleep. Tyler was on the lights too and it doesn't seem like it took very long to get where he needed to be, so we'll hope for the best.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

She is so cute! I'm sorry she has to be under to lights. I hope it doesn't last long!

Audrey said...

so weird that you had to use that type of light machine. When Ben was born and needed to be on the bili lights they sent us home with one that was a lighted base with a thing that you zip the baby into and they get the light from the bottom so that they don't have the lights in their eyes ans have to wear the goggles. I thought that they had switched to those altogether, they're much more comfortable for the baby

Jen said...

Kristy - I didn't get a chance to catch you yesterday in RS but wanted to tell you 1) you look way too good to have just had a baby, and 2) the sacrament meeting program was great! (I heard you were the mastermind behind it all).