Sunday, November 22, 2009

Weekend Recap

Joe took Tyler to San Diego this weekend. He went with his friend/coworker Nate and his little boy. They left at 4 AM Saturday morning and drove to Sea World where they let the boys run around and look at WHATEVER they wanted to. I love this first picture of Ty because it shows a classic expression of his. He has a love/fear relationship with the whales. He loves them, but is a little afraid they are going to eat him I think.


This is also such a fun picture for me to see. Tyler has had an obsession with penguins for the last several months, probably since we went to Sea World last time. He sometimes has pretend penguin friends that follow him around. Incidentally they have very Russian sounding names. One day he was coming in from outside and we went to shut the door. Tyler panicked a little because we were squishing his penguin friends. He then proceeded to lead them into the house one by one with his hand. He doesn't talk about them so much anymore, but Kelley thinks it's really cute to ask him about them every once in a while. The other day while we were out driving Kelley asked where they were and he answered simply they were "home playing with my toys".
Saturday night SUU closed their football season at San Diego University. Joe reports it was a great game and SUU won! Tyler of course loved the music at half time. He's such a fiery fun kid.
On Sunday morning they took the kids over to the San Diego Temple. Tyler wanted to pick some flowers for Kelley. Joe told him that he couldn't pick the flowers, but they could take a picture for her and so that is what they did. What a sweet boy. Tyler also really liked the "singing guy" on the top of the temple. :)

AND - Happy Birthday to my "Ty Ty" today! He is now officially four years old. If I can get to it in the next few days I'll post his birth story as well. Although not as "exciting" as the water breaking in the grocery store, I think it would be fitting.

After looking at the pics Joe took on this trip I've decided that he has a much better eye for photography than I do. One day I'd like to develop that talent, but for now I think I should give the camera to him when we go anywhere :)

Kelley and I spent the weekend at my parents house. My sister, Kember, was Maria in the Sound of Music at Millard High. I have to say I would have never guessed she could sing that well. She did AWESOME! It was so fun to watch her. A great part of the fun also was seeing so much family. My extended family has always been really supportive of each other and they came to a lot of my plays and events growing up. Baby blessings, graduations, etc are usually big family events as well. It's been a little more complicated in most recent years as some have moved farther away and everyone's kids (my cousins) get older. My Aunts and Uncles become grandparents and since we moved to Cedar it seems like we rarely see them. But it worked out so there were Aunts, Uncles, cousins, Grandpa and two Grandma's there. It was great to see and talk with them.

We spent Saturday lounging around mostly and trying to get some more done on my scrapbooking. I have to say, I don't enjoy it nearly as much by myself. I'm too indecisive. I can't decide what I'm going to do and just do it. If I have other people there I can bounce ideas off them and get their advice. Something as simple as what color to matte my picture with. Oh well. At least I am making SOME progress eh?

We are all back home again. As fun as it was, I hate being apart and am glad to have everyone safely gathered in :). We'll have a short week this week spending Thanksgiving at Joey's parents in New Harmony. We'll likely head back to my parents house on Friday again and hopefully get a Christmas Tree this weekend. Tyler has been asking to go to the "other grandpas" for several weeks now. Fun times!

1 comment:

Sherrie said...

Sounds like it was a wonderful weekend even though you were apart. Lots of memories made though!