Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Not to be a complainer...BUT...

So the sickness of the week for us here is...food poisoning and strep throat!  I love winter, but I am so excited for spring on many levels...one being that I hope we can get a little healthier around here.  Last year around this time actually wasn't too bad, but we have more kids here now and it's just seems like a breeding ground for sickness.  Either that or it's the fact the Kelley's in school now and sharing all THOSE germs too.  I don't really know.  On Saturday night Tyler started to get the slightest hint of croup and Kelley had a tiny fever so I had decided I'd skip church and stay home with them.  Joey has stayed home with them 3 out of the last 4 or 5 weeks, so it was my turn.  Knowing that I stayed up late doing stuff on Saturday night when I should have gone to bed.  But I figured I'd be home all day and get a little R & R.  Well Sunday morning comes and I had an early meeting (7 AM) so I headed out for that.  I came home so excited to spend the rest of the day at home only to find that Joey had food poisoning.  I did end up at home for most of the day, but it was far from relaxing.  Joey was as sick as he's ever been.  Luckily the kids seemed OK until...Monday Kelley woke up just not feeling well.  She kept complaining that her tummy hurt and layed on the couch all day.  Joey was also sick for the rest of that day and the next.  Plus I had a full daycare house as well.  By last night all I wanted to do was go to bed by 7 PM.  I did manage to get in bed by 9, but Kelley continued to complain about her tummy all night long.  She didn't sleep for more than 45 minutes at a time all night long.  That's is the worst night I've had in recent memory.

I finally took her in this morning and she has strep...again.  I shouldn't really be surprised.  She's had it several times in her young life and often complains of a tummy ache when she gets it.  I'm kind of glad that's what it is and not what Joey had because at least we can treat it with antibiotics and get it done with.

Just for those of you who care the list of sickness' we've had around here since January include: strep (several times), pink eye, croup, rotovirus, RSV, food poisoning...did I miss anything?  Just thinking about that makes me want a nap!  Anyway, you don't have to feel too bad for me.  At least it's nothing too serious....but I needed to vent about it somewhere!

3 comments:

Kate said...

I am so sorry. AJ had strep throat a lot as a kid and we ended up getting his tonsils taken out and he hasn't had it since. It is so awful when they just keep getting sick. Good luck.

Lara Neves said...

Vent away! This has been the sickest winter I can remember in a long time.

Rae said...

It's been "sick" for us, too! I hope you guys feel better SOON!!