Sunday, January 11, 2009

Thanks Bubba

Tonight I was at Walmart and it was very late (almost 1 AM).  I was looking for Green Chilies and was in the general area, but didn't spot them right away.  Well this very nice Walmart employee asked if he could help.  He then pointed out the cheaper ones.  What struck me was his whole manner was so nice and positive and just put a smile on my face.  I couldn't help but feel uplifted by that very simple encounter.  I was also impressed by the fact that this guy was working a grave shift at Walmart, but managed to portray optimism and hope.  Am I weird?  OK, don't answer that.  The take away lesson for me though was this:  something very simple as a kind word and a smile really can be contagious.  So, Thank You Bubba for that tonight.  (Yes that really was his name :)

Also, sorry about the serious lack of pics lately.  I know it's much more boring without.  I've actually been taking lots (at least one a day, but usually many more) and I have some really cute ones of the hospital, but we moved our camera cord away from the main computer the other day...big mistake for us!  Can't find it now...it must be around here somewhere...what did we even need it for????

No comments: