Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Now that's Customer Service...

So I bought some paper reinforcers...you know the things you stick on your hole punches to keep them from ripping when they are in a three ring binder?  Anyway I bought a package of these at Walmart for a dollar or something.  Well they were absolutely worthless and I thought hey...that's a dollar in the trash if I don't return them.  I had a bunch of other things to return anyway, so I took them back.  The guy that was helping me out told me that he returns these things all the time, but they keep them on the shelf because they sell.  At first I laughed at it and thought...yeah that makes sense, but I've been thinking about it...and that really bothers me.  Here they have a product on the shelves that is absolutely worthless and they know it.  But it makes them money...so who cares about the customer anyway.  Most people probably just through them in the trash.  I hate Walmart...but you just can't find diapers and socks cheaper anywhere else.  So I keep going there...arrgg...

And another thing...has anyone ever wondered how the Brady Bunch girls ended up with the last name of Brady?  I guess they could have been adopted...

8 comments:

Lara Neves said...

That is horrible customer service. It would be better for everyone if they let the manufacturer know they don't work, and let them improve the product. I hate Wal Mart, too.

Rae said...

I definitely have a Love/Hate relationship with Wal-Mart. (I love the things that I can't get cheaper anywhere else....I hate that I "need" to go there.)

C'est Moi said...

Walmart sucks, but we all go there anyway... and they know it...

I hate Walmart, but probably still go at least once a week.

Lauren said...

I love wal-mart but you certainly have to know what you are getting into and expect nothing more. Good for you for returning those but what he said is certainly a frightening thing for society.

Andrea said...

I don't love WalMart, but I do have to say that I appreciate that I can return crappy items without a fuss. For example, I bought two can openers that sucked (sorry for my language, but I'm still upset). :) Anyway, I was able to return them, even though they weren't still in the package and I'd kept each one for several weeks (still trying to make them work).

I wonder if I'd bought the same brand at another store if the quality would have been better though.

chrissy said...

That makes me so angry! But that's good ol' Wal-Mart for ya.

Hey, is Joey in the bishopric in your ward? My sister-in-law lives down there and she thinks she knows you guys...

Kristy said...

Chrissy - No, Joey is the scout master down here...who's your sister in law?

Andrea - I do love too that you can return anything practically, but I still hate the place.

Kate said...

I don't love Wal mart either but I do appreciate the things that I can get cheaper than anywhere else here in Cedar. We are so limited and don't have much choice. It would be nice if we had a Target or something like it. I would rather not shop Walmart.