Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Isn't it funny?

I always find it amusing that I long for times when I can have peace and quiet (AKA...no kids) and actually get something done, but then when I get to that point I start to miss my kids almost right away.  Joey and I are headed to LA/San Diego with his brother Dave and wife Jenna tomorrow morning at 3 AM (yes, I said 3 AM) and he left at 5 PM to take Kelley and Tyler to my parents for the weekend.  I'm here all alone and feel paralyzed because I have SO much to do to get ready, and I just want some cuddle time with my kiddos.  Can't have your cake and eat it to I suppose.  Don't get me wrong, I'm way excited about our trip!  I just kind of want to pack them in my suitcase and pull them out for kisses when I start to miss them ;)

5 comments:

Rae said...

I tend to feel a little aimless, too, without the kids at home. But it goes away quickly for me. :)

Have fun!!

Tiffany said...

I totally hear ya, but trust me, once you are gone and enjoying your vacA you will be much better. It is the hardest to actually be home without them than be somewhere else without them. You know??

Kate said...

I remember feeling that way when Mike and I would go away. It was always nice but you always miss those little ones.Have a great trip and enjoy.

Andrea said...

Have a wonderful time!

Heather said...

I always totally miss them, even though I know they'd make the trip more work, I still miss them and feel guilty leaving them behind. however, I always feel great being on vacation with just my hubby! that's always nice.