Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I wish I could find the right image...

OK so my first thought was that old LDS movie about the "ugly" girl with the greasy hair who everyone teases until they find out she helps kids...do you guys know the one?  Couldn't remember the name so no luck finding that.  Next I thought...Stever Urkel, but in most of his pictures he's got a huge grin.  Same problem with Ugly Betty.  And I sure don't want to take a picture of the real deal (AKA, me) so you just get the story instead.  Here's the scene:

I had to switch cars with Joey this afternoon at the university.  I was planning on running all sorts of errands that I never get to run because of the daycare.  Today I had Misty watching the kids, so I was out and about.  Well I dropped off the car, but it didn't have a parking tag on it, so I had to park clear down the street.  Then I had all my stuff I had to take with me, plus some things I had for Joey to keep at his office.  I'm walking down the street with a huge armload of stuff and what happens?  I drop stuff all over the sidewalk.  I have to say I was very impressed as I had several people offer help and come to my aid.  I was SO embarrassed though.  But I got gathered up and dropped off the stuff to Joey.  He told me the van was parked back across the street.  OK.  So I'm walking over there and it's in between classes so there's all sorts of students around and I realized...I am a big fat dork.  At least today.  You see I was headed out among other things to clean out our garden in New Harmony.  So I had on my "work jeans"  I love em, they are so comfortable, but I have to admit are floods.  They are short enough that they show my ankles, but not short enough to be considered capris.  In addition an old SUU t shirt and sweat jacket with my ratty old tennies.  I had on my glasses, only a tiny bit of makeup and my hair was quickly blow dried this morning.  College students are extremely cute and fashionable.  I so with I could just keep it all together, you know what I mean?  But often somethings got to give...  So I'm a little irritated anyway and then I spent a half an hour looking for the van, which wasn't actually in that parking lot Joey later remembered.  Oh my.  The good news is the garden didn't take as long as I thought and I got my errands completed.  AND I saw gas for $1.47 here today and paid only $1.85 for a gallon of milk.  WAHOO!

Well, I'm not telling this to get pity or anything.  I think it's kind of funny.  It was just an interesting thing to realize I really am on a different spot on the game board of life.  Not that I didn't know that before...but anyway...thought you all might be able to relate is all.  Have a nice day :)

5 comments:

Audrey said...

I know what you mean, I go on campus to take my biology tests with a proctor and always feel so frumpy around the cute, petite college girls. In my opinion you always look better than me though :)

Where did you get milk for $1.85?

Shanna said...

I completely understand. The good thing, is that someday, those put together college kids will too!

Rae said...

I always felt like I stuck out like a sore thumb when I went to go pick up Phill in our van full of babies. :)

Andrea said...

I hate losing my car in a big parking lot. It happens all too often (and it's not because someone else forgot where it was parked--it's all me).

Jason and Andrea Wilcock said...

I COMPLETELY relate...I was just thinking this month how out of style I am with my clothes and how life has changed...but I still feel so lucky and maybe someday I'll be put together again.